2017 All Island Art Show – Artist Awards
The show is not juried, but a panel of judges appraises the art entered in the show and selects works for special recognition. The judges only review the works entered by the artist and hung around the Tabernacle. Works, as part of a portfolio displayed on the grounds, are not eligible for awards. All awards are selected based on the opinions and consensus of the judges. Decisions of the judges are final and may not be appealed.
Awards are presented between 1:30 p.m. and 2:30 p.m. Works removed from the show before 3:00- p.m. may not be eligible for an award. The award for “Most Popular” will be distributed at 2:45 p.m. Cash prizes and ribbons will be distributed to the artists or may be picked up at the registration table after 2:30 p.m.
The awards list will be updated as awards are added or removed.
Awards are presented for first place ($50), second place ($25) and merit (ribbons) in each of the eleven media categories:
- Paintings: Acrylic. Oil, Pastel, Watercolor
- Photography: Landscapes, People, All Other
- Other Media: Collage, Drawing & Graphics, Mixed Media
Best in Show Award:
An Award is presented for “Best in Show” ($125). This award is selected from the Media Category first place winners for the most outstanding work in the show..
Most Popular Award:
A ribbon is presented for the “Most Popular” work in the show. It is selected based on the number of “stars” it receives from patrons of the show; stars are purchased at 10 cents/person.
Vineyard Treasures Awards:
Eleven awards are presented in honor of Island artists:
- Olive Bowles Award – acrylic or oil
- Douglas Peckham Award – photography
- Dorothy Burnham Award – collage
- Rose Treat Award – collage of Vineyard themes
- Joe Hazen Award – graphics
- Marion Strauss Award – mixed media
- Mary Stevens Award – pastel
- Casimer Michalczyk Award – sculpture
- Millie Briggs Award – watercolor of Vineyard scenes
- Gertrude Smith Award – watercolor
- Bill Blakesly Award – watercolor of figures
Special awards are presented representing special interests of Island galleries and individuals. (These awards may change annually.):
- Old Sculpin Gallery Awards – $50 (2 awards)
- Cousen Rose Gallery Awards – $25.00 (3 awards)
- Ruth Bogan Awards – $50.00 (4 awards)
- Della Hardmann Award – $50.00